Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Safety First

Caroline: Hi, I can't talk for long. My friend is coming over to watch The Real Housewives of Orange County. Have you seen it?

A-L: Is the Pope German? I don't have a television, but maybe they'll be showing it on the big screen at the Abbey Tavern on Geary, where I watch Scottish football matches.

Caroline: Probably not. Different target market. The show's about to start. Let's talk tomorrow, after the pool electrician leaves.

A-L: Why would one need a pool electrician? Are you having an intercom installed so when we're in the hot tub, we can summon Dave to bring down drinks from the kitchen? Or is it a loudspeaker to scare the raccoons out of the pool?

Caroline: No, nothing scares the raccoons. We've surrendered to them, and they're now living downstairs, in the man cave.

A-L: In Dave's man cave? I thought you said I could stay there when I come up to Portland?

Caroline: Oh you can. They've put in bunk beds. Lots of them. The pool electrician is coming over to install an electronic pool cover.

A-L: Cool. Can we surf on it?

Caroline: Um, no. Bring rollerskates.

1 comment:

Abcdpdx said...

it was the season finale. Vicky bought herself a Rolex and Lynn threatened to take away daughter Alexis's BMW!

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385