Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Job Counselor

Kitty: Do you have a job yet?

A-L: No, not yet.

Kitty: How about now?

A-L: Nope. Do you?

Kitty: Paul got me hooked up with a gig doing stress tests on snowboard goggle boxes. It's boring, but it's steady work and I get free snowboarding gear.

A-L: Aren't you a skier?

Kitty: No, I'm a cat. I got a call from GW the other day. Their apartment has a mouse infestation, and he wanted me to come round and have a look. I gave him a quote over the phone, and he hung up on me.

A-L: That's surprising, I think.

Kitty: He wanted fast service, and I was going to put my best man on the job. I've trained Ted to catch mice bare-handed. He's a natural.

A-L: Please tell him I say hello. I miss that guy.

Kitty: Oh, can you tell Cousin Tina that I probably can't join her on the bike ride in April?

A-L: Ohmigosh, that would have been so fun to have you pulling my bike! I bet someone would sew you a little spandex outfit. (Hint, hint, readers who sew.)

Kitty: Which is precisely why it's perfect timing that I'll probably be in D.C. the weekend of the Wildflower.

A-L: Sorry?

Kitty: I don't want to bore you with the details, but the Obamas are begging me to come stay with them to help "the dog" transition into public life.

A-L: Have they chosen a dog?

Kitty: It's not public yet, but I've sold the dog who lives with me.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385