Monday, February 13, 2006

Christian Rock

My mother is going to be mortified. She really will.

This is what happened: The Reverend and Mrs Rollo travelled to Edinburgh to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the birth of their son, my flatmate, Paul. So, we're at the restaurant, and George, as I call the Rev. (reason 1 for mother to be mortified: I just referred to him as 'the Rev.'), tells us about a funeral he officiated recently.

George: "It was a beautiful funeral."

Ringo (played by Gemma) : "What makes a funeral 'beautiful'?"

George: "Well, a combination of the verses they chose, and also the hymns. They were such beautiful expressions of the Christian faith."

Paul: "Christian Faith? Is that a rock band?"

A-L: "Yeah, they played at half time."

And then I was struck by lightening. And for some reason, I kept talking.

Gemma: "What verses did they choose?"

Mrs Rollo: "Well, I actually have the missalette, you could see the verses."

A-L: "And we could do a re-enactment."

Paul: "Yeah, but then someone would have to be the dead lady."

And then Paul was struck by lightening.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385