Friday, August 31, 2007

Delivery

Ted: Hello?

A-L: Hi Ted. I'm having a mattress delivered to the flat. Will you please answer the door when the delivery man rings the bell?

Ted: What?

A-L: Mattress. Man will come to the door. (And then I made a buzzing noise to signify the, uh, door buzzer.) Please say, 'ok, come in.' Is that ok?

Ted: Matches?

A-L: Yes. I'm having matches delivered. It's a niche market, but I'm the niche. Will you help the man carry all of the matches up the stairs, one by one? No. It's a new bed. Will you open the door?

Ted: New bed? Ohhhh! Ok.

And then he hung up on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did he?

ALS said...

He did indeed. But not in a "I'm hanging up on you because I'm upset with you" type of way, but in an "I'm watching daytime television and I'm through with this conversation" way.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385