Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dress Rehearsal

Kitty: What is it now?

A-L: I need your help practicing for interviews.

Kitty: Ok. We'll start with my favorite question, "What's your biggest weakness?"

A-L: I'm a perfectionist?

Kitty: Try again.

A-L: Uh, I'm not very good at parallel parking?

Kitty: Are you applying for a job as a valet again?

A-L: No. How about this, I'm selfless and am always putting other people's needs ahead of mine, which isn't healthy.

Kitty: Are you reading that off of something? You can't take a script with you into an interview.

A-L: It's a brochure about co-dependency. I've put it away. Ok, for real, here's my biggest flaw: I'm too funny, and it can be distracting because everyone loves working with me.

Kitty: So you're delusional and self-obsessed. This is good. We're getting somewhere.

A-L: This isn't therapy. We're supposed to be practicing for an interview.

Kitty: You're the one reading off a mental health brochure. Why don't you stick with the parallel parking answer? And good luck.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385