Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Job Hunt - Day 300

A-L: I found the perfect job.

Sister Maria: Under the refrigerator, or inside the vacuum cleaner bag?

A-L: Good guess.

Sister Maria: I imagine it's in the Etc. portion of Craigslist. Are you converting to Judaism so you can donate your eggs to a loving Jewish couple?

A-L: I don't meet the minimum requirements: Irma's a Gentile. And my Math score on the SAT wasn't exactly stellar.

Sister Maria: And it's a bit of a race against the clock. You've only got 4 months before some couple thinks you're too old to be the biological mother of their Jewish baby.

A-L: That's why I'm going to apply to be a Private Investigator.

Sister Maria: Ok, let's do a practice interview now. And the following CANNOT be used as answers to the question "What qualifications do you have?"
  1. I watched Murder, She Wrote when I was in elementary school
  2. I LOVE Cold Case Files
  3. I only have six more episodes of The Wire to watch.
A-L: Pass.

Sister Maria: Ok, next question. The job requires "sitting patiently" for hours. Is this something you could do?

A-L: Pass.

Sister Maria: They describe the ideal candidate as having "strong common sense". Can you comment on that?

A-L: Define "strong".

Sister Maria: I imagine you would have to maintain confidentiality, and be pretty selective about when and how you use binoculars.

A-L: Can you please restate the question?

Sister Maria: Technically that's the answer. You wouldn't be able to blog about a) seeing the job on Craigslist, b) applying for the job, c) getting the job, or d) any of your adventures on the job.

A-L: That's B-O-R-I-N-G. I mean, I think I'm overqualified.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385