Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Potluck Blessing

The Seahorse Whisperer, downstairs neighbor Michael, the Dog Father (aka "DCB"), Calvin, PWR, and two new characters (roommate Aaron, and friend Dana) gathered together last night for a potluck.

A-L: PWR, as a emissary of the Church of Scotland, do you mind saying grace?

PWR: Grace.

A-L: Ok. Uhh, how about you, Dana? Can you say a Jewish dinner blessing?

Dana: There aren't any. Actually, there is one: "They tried to kill us. We won. Let's eat."

Aaron: I've never heard that prayer before.

Dana: Oh, I didn't realize you were Jewish. I thought I could lie to my little Lutheranish friend here.

Aaron: You can. But not about fake Jewish dinner blessings. At least not when I'm here.

A-L: PWR, what's that really unintelligible Scottish blessing you always say?

PWR: Here's tae us. Wha's like us? Damn few, And they're a' deid.

A-L: I think like Dana's prayer better.

Calvin: Grace. Let's eat.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385