Monday, November 08, 2010

You'll NEVER Guess

Public Safety Pete: You'll never guess who I saw yesterday.

A-L: You're probably right. Give me some hints. Where were you?

PSP: On Sunday morning? Take a wild guess.

A-L: At a motorcycle rally?

PSP: I was at church. It was my turn to usher.

A-L: Is "usher" Latin for "stand in the narthex and gossip through the sermon"? Or is that Yiddish?

PSP: You'll never guess who was ushering with me.

A-L: You're right. Give me another hint.

PSP: Well, you know the First Lutheran Church in Camarillo went bankrupt?

A-L: Umm, not unless it was on NPR. Or was posted at the bus stop in San Francisco. I guess I'll take your word for it. What's the upshot of their financial troubles?

PSP: More Lutherans for our church.

A-L: Ah, of course.

PSP: So I was talking to this other usher...

A-L: You weren't listening to the sermon?

PSP: It was between Acts. And this guy started telling me that he used to live in Simi Valley.

A-L: He's from the bankrupt church?

PSP: Yes.

A-L: The suspense is killing me.

PSP: And he was our milk man when we lived in Simi Valley! Can you believe it?

A-L: That we had a Lutheran milk man? Or that we lived in Simi Valley? Or that you were socializing during church?

Kitty: All of the above.

3 comments:

Cousin Susana said...

What's amusing...besides your posts of course are all the adds and links on your page guiding your devout readers closer to God.

ALS said...

Maybe PSP should click on them.

Abcdpdx said...

oh, the word "narthex" makes me feel very nostalgic....

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385