Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dorkbook

PWR, my blog muse, and I were sitting in a cafe. PWR is looking down at his phone.

A-L: What in heaven's name are you doing?

PWR: Being anti-social. I mean, checking Foursquare.

A-L: Is that a Pentacostal church locator?

PWR: No, it's like Facebook. I'm "checking in" so other users know my location.

A-L: Um, you've travelled halfway around the world to visit friends here in the Bay Area, and now you're squandering your valuable face-to-face time with them "checking in" on some web site, so the friends you left behind in Scotland know where you are?

PWR: Uh huh. And whoever checks in the most on Foursquare

A-L: Is the biggest dork?

PWR: Close. Is named the mayor.

A-L: Let me guess, you're the biggest dork.

PWR: And the mayor.

A-L: So, what's the idea?

PWR: The idea is that you can find other Foursquare members in the same location, and connect with them.

A-L: Instead of "connecting" with the person you're ostensibly there to visit?

PWR: Yes.

A-L: I liked it better when it was a Pentacostal Church locator.

Kitty: Already exists.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385