Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Public Transportation

The joys of riding public transportation in San Francisco are many. Just yesterday evening I overheard this conversation:

John: My dad owns a metal working company, and he's just hired this guy who he worked with 18 years ago.

Jane: Really?

John: Yeah. But there's something not right about him. He worked as a dishwasher for a few years.

Jane: Your dad?

John: No, the guy.

Jane: Oh.

John: And I think he was in a gang for a while.

Jane: Your dad?

Folks, I couldn't make this up. And then this morning, on the N-Judah, embarking at the Powell Street Station:

Man 1: Don't push me.

Man 2: I'm not.

Man 1: Don't push me again. If you push me again...

Man 2: What's your problem?

Man 1: Don't push me.

And then there was a stare down, which got really uncomfortable. Namely because they were two software engineer(y) looking types, neither of whom would fare well in a fist fight.

Question: What's worse than two 30-somethings acting like 11-year-olds?

Answer: Two 40-somethings acting like 11-year-olds.

And then the 40-year-olds got off at the same stop and crossed the street to go into the Google building.

2 comments:

Cousin Susana said...

Just thought I'd take this time to let you know I've been enjoying all the posts as of late.

Also...Nothin' worse than aggresive geeks.

Abcdpdx said...

where's the "like" button?

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385