Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Creative License

Different Carpool Buddy: So, um, are the conversations on your blog real?

A-L: I'll let Kitty answer that.

Kitty: What is it that you're really asking, DCB?

DCB: Is all of this made up? Is it in your head?

A-L: Let me turn your attention to the posts that involve a talking cat. That dialogue isn't verbatim, as such.

Kitty: True dat. I'm MUCH funnier than you make me out to be.

DCB: So, do you, like, have a split personality?

A-L: Are you asking Kitty, or me?

DCB: You.

A-L: Because I make up dialogue?

DCB: Uh huh.

A-L: You know, surprisingly, you're not the first person who's asked if the dialogue is made up. Which I find interesting, because, as above, there's a talking cat involved. Also, people have asked if Kitty is actually me. I'm not sure I know what that means.

Kitty: We look nothing alike. And you wouldn't be allowed to sit on the kitchen table.

A-L: For the record, the conversations are based on real events. Some are verbatim. Others aren't in Latin. And I get to determine what everyone says.

DCB: You're the best carpool buddy I've ever had, and I think the world of you.

A-L: See how that works? Any more questions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-huh

from a outlaw admirer

Reverend Paul said...

Making stuff up is so not cool.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385