Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Stupid Americans

Tonight at the bus stop there was a Scottish guy and his American girlfriend. I asked her where she was from and she said "Massachusetts." Where am I from? she wanted to know. "Los Angeles," I said, because if I say "California", then the next question is always "where in California?"

"Have you voted?" I asked the very unfriendly American lady.

"No, have you heard what Bush is doing to prevent Americans overseas from voting?" she asked me.

"No," I said to the crazy unfriendly American lady.

"Well, he's done it to me. I have tried to vote three times and haven't been able to. You're supposed to be able to vote online and when I try to vote it says it's not working so I haven't been able to vote."

"Well, I just had my mom mail my ballot to me," I told the crazy unfriendly conspiracy-theory-spreading American lady.

So then the number 27 bus arrived and we boarded. The Scottish man and the American went to the back of the bus. I overheard her say "Los Angeles" and then laugh.

Bitch.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385