Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Stem Cell Research and My Mom

I have a lot on my mind these days. Forefront is the very important decision that I will face in three weeks: should I dress as Rod Stewart or Martina Navratilova for Halloween. The dilemma arises because of one very versatile mullet wig. It belongs to my flatmate Jason. Worn with a tennis skirt, the mullet is very Martina, and I've been told I look like her. On more than one occasion. Unfortunately. In the company of leopard print trousers and a flowy white blouse, the mullet is totally Rod Stewart (who by the way is NOT Scottish, even though he claims to be).

Also on my mind is the upcoming election. I might have mentioned that before. I spoke with my mom last night. She said my absentee ballot is on its way. And then she offered some 'friendly' suggestions on voting on some of the propositions. She briefly explained one proposition that involves Indian gaming. She summed it up with 'and then there will be card rooms everywhere.' The next thing I heard was 'stem cell research' and before she hung up, she whispered, 'and please vote for Elton Gallegly for Congressman.'

This week the Finnish government granted me citizenship. Through my mom. She's Finnish, by the way. In case I haven't mentioned that in this post. The woman from the Finnish Embassy in London called yesterday. She said in a very serious voice, the Finnish government has reviewed your papers and application and they have decided that you, have, because you submitted them, you have been voted ON the island. I mean, she said, you have been given Finnish citizenship. It was so dramatic. It was like she, um, granted me citizenship to her proud little country. Go Finland. No, go to Finland. Go visit. It's beautiful.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385