Thursday, October 07, 2004

Money-Saving Tips

Being a recent graduate only partially employed, I'm on what some might refer to as a shoestring budget. In fact, I've been on said budget for a while.

The other night my flatmate and I were watching “The Bank of Mum & Dad”, which featured a twenty-something whose parents were called in to help him get out of debt. They offered revolutionary advice such as: 1. walk, don't take a taxi, and 2. buy groceries instead of eating out. Wow.

I would like to offer some additional (and may I say better) tips for saving money/reducing debt.
1. At your next party, ask guest to bring canned food. Tell them it's for a charity. (It's not.)
2. Pay your rent as late in the month as possible. This allows you to maximize the interest earned on your checking account. (Last month I earned £.67)
3. When the hand soap (or dish soap) gets low, fill the dispenser with water. This soapy mixture goes a long way. (I'd like to acknowledge my mom for this great tip!)
4. Pick up odd jobs where possible. I have a regular babysitting gig, and I ALWAYS arrive hungry. That way, I earn an hourly wage AND dinner.

Visit this site tomorrow for some more money-saving tips!

Anna-Lisa

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385