Friday, October 15, 2004

Recycling

So my cousin Amy Holloway has located Heather Locklear who I reported 'missing' in yesterday's post. My apologies to anyone who became distressed. Apparently Heather is doing quite well, starring in a 'new show called LAX with the lovely Blair Underwood and it's all about the daily drama and goings on at the LAX airport' writes Amy, University of Portland Class of 2003. (My dad could totally be a highly-paid consultant to that show. With all the travelling he does, my dad's so totally popular at LAX.)

And on a lighter note, I'd like all of you to encourage others to recycle. No joking around here. (or here.)

Being the child of a child of war I was raised reusing wrapping paper and saving sour cream containers (they could be used to confuse the Russians if they ever attacked). I'm all for REDUCING, REUSING and RECYLCLING. My friend Christina's mom signs greeting card very lightly, in pencil, so that the recipient might reuse them.

Here are some totally unrevolutionary tips for recycling:
use both sides of notepaper when taking phone messages
use scrap paper for taking notes
recycle aluminum cans, glass bottles and plasic containers where possible

I read somewhere that with the energy saved by recycling one aluminum can, you can raise a village, or a child, or something. Or maybe light a bulb for an hour. No specifics here, just a little friendly advice. Amy, can you ask Heather to recycle?

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385