Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Kitty Care (cubed)

I was a tad worried about leaving Kitty for 18 days, given that the last time I went home she mysteriously broke her foot. So, dear reader, this time I employed a strategy that I like to call "the triple plant." This is how it works:

A-L: Stuart, can you watch Kitty while I'm gone?

Stuart: Sure.

A-L: You need to give her fresh water every day, change the litter and feed her in the morning and at night.

Stuart: No problem.

A-L: If anything happens to her, I hold you personally responsible.
...

Three hours later...

A-L: Ted, I'm going to California for 18 days. Can you take care of Kitty?

Ted: No problem.

A-L: You need to give her fresh water every day, change the litter and feed her in the morning and at night.

Ted: No problem.

A-L: If anything happens to her, I hold you personally responsible.
...

Twenty minutes later...

A-L: Paul, can you watch Kitty while I'm at home?

Paul: Sure, I think I'll be here most of the time.

A-L: Cool. I think Stuart's going to check in on her as well, but if you can make sure she's ok, that would be great.

Paul: No problem.

And then I gave him a look that said, "If anything happens to her, I hold you personally responsible."
...

And while I was gone, Ted dropped a marble slab on his foot and was off work for 5 days. But Kitty is fine. And now she expects to be fed six times a day.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385