Sunday, July 16, 2006

Itinerary

Peter: We have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow morning.

A-L: You can't possibly be talking to me.

Peter: The airport is very busy on Monday mornings.

A-L: So busy that I have to arrive three hours before my flight to Colorado Springs?

Peter: Colorado Springs? Is that one of the seven airports in London?

A-L: No, it's a town in Colorado. I have a layover there on the way to Chicago.

Peter: Chicago? Is there a jazz festival going on?

A-L: At the airport? I don't think so. I have a layover there on the way to London. Before my flight to Edinburgh.

Peter: Are you sure you don't want to stop in a couple more cities before you head home? Who booked this flight?

A-L: You did initially, but I changed it. Why do you ask?

Peter: It's a bit of a rookie move to fly through Colorado Springs on a Monday in July, don't you think? Everyone knows they have lightening storms in that part of the country in the summer.

A-L: The lightening storms start at 3pm. You could set your watch by them. I'm landing there at 11am.

Peter: Yeah, but if there are storms in Denver they route all those planes to Colorado Springs. So you could actually get stuck in Colorado Springs. Which would be ok, if you were one of the those weird stormchasers.

A-L: Stuck forever, in Colorado Springs?

Peter: It's not impossible. And it's the price you'll pay for changing a flight I booked.

A-L: Well, if you'll look at Exhibit A, the itinerary for the original flight you booked, the defendant was left with a 9-hour layover in Chicago. On a Monday, in July. Definitely a rookie move.

Peter: I have your confirmation number. I could route the defendant through Philly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is......I can totally "hear" you guys having this conversation as I read it....and chuckle. I hope you aren't stuck in Colorado Springs.

Anonymous said...

How's the lighting show? You should be able to get home by Sun 7/23 before the next "wave" of storms!

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385