Monday, July 10, 2006

The Holloway Family Reunion

You missed it. We've been having reunions since 1960, and every two years since 1980, and it's over for another two years. The reunion was held this past weekend at the fairgrounds near Hood River, Oregon. Pictures to follow soon.

There was a bit of beer involved. And on Saturday night, there was music. And beer + music + family reunions = Cousin Tygh doing 'the worm'. And my dad had a bit of beer as well. Which led to this conversation the next day:

A-L: Peter had a bit of beer last night.

Cousin Steve: Yeah, he was havin' a good time.

A-L: I had to leave when he started doing the moonwalk.

Cousin Steve: No, I saw you around after that. He started moonwalking at about 7:30p.m.

A-L: During the auction?

Cousin Steve: Yeah.

A-L: Well, when my mom and I left at about 11:30pm I said to her, 'I hope someone puts your husband to bed.' That's when he was moonwalking in the middle of the circle of people dancing, right before Tygh did 'the worm'.

Cousin Steve: Yeah, if Tygh was doin' it, Peter was tryin' it.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385