Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bowles-Ball, But Not - Part 1

So I'm staying at Dave and Caroline's place in Portland (see Hyphenations, Thursday March 02, 2006). The wedding is in September, so they are mid-wedding mania. I arrived on Sunday night as Caroline was flipping through magazines looking for bouquet and flower arrangement ideas.

Caroline: We were going to put you in the guest room, but it looks like a wedding shower threw up in there. (Leads me upstairs and shows me guest bed filled with wedding gifts.)

A-L: That's fine. I'll sleep in the hot tub.

Caroline: That's where I'm keeping bridal magazines.

A-L: The dining room table?

Caroline: That's the invitation addressing and stamping station.

A-L: That's ok. I'll stay up all night and look at bouquet ideas.

Caroline: Great. I'm meeting the florist tomorrow, so I want to show her some arrangements I like.

A-L: What are you looking for?

Caroline: I don't like spikey, or daisies, or cheap looking roses. I'd like a bouquet of flowers that are in season.

A-L: Wow, these are pretty.

Caroline: Those are (insert latin flower name), they're Spring flowers.

A-L: Oh. Well, these are pretty too.

Caroline: Spring flowers. We're getting married in September.

A-L: Oh. Uhh, what about tulips. My sister had those.

Caroline: Spring. Tulips are born in the Spring. We're getting married in the Fall.

A-L: Oh. Uhh, what's born in the Fall?

Caroline: (Insert latin flower names) are Fall flowers.

A-L: You could carry an ear of corn. And some wheat.

Caroline: I don't like spikey arrangements.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right now I'm thinking Dave might like a boutonierre made of carniverous plants?

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385