Saturday, December 03, 2005

Christmas Cards

Paul: What's that list you're writing?

A-L: Christmas card list.

Paul: It's very long.

A-L: I have thousands of friends.

Paul: And you send all of them Christmas cards?

A-L: Unfortunately it's the only time all year that I write to most of them. So I think it's important to keep it up. And, how else am I supposed to generate Christmas cards? That's why I send them out in early December, and when I e-mail everyone to ask for their address, I give them mine.

Paul: You're going to the States on the 17th, that doesn't give people much time to get their cards to you. You'll have to get yours out soon.

A-L: I never said the cards have to arrive here before I leave for the States. In fact, I want to walk back in the door and have a stack of at least 10 waiting for me.

Paul: You're sending out 603, I think you'll get more than 10 back. And how do you decide who doesn't get a card?

A-L: That's easy. I don't send cards to people who I haven't spoken to, or had contact with (via e-mail), for a time period longer than that for which I knew and had regular contact for them. For example, I knew Stella for a year and a half, haven't spoken to or heard from her for two years, she's off the list. A very simple equation. And I don't send cards to my Jewish friends.

Paul: Don't you send them Hannukah cards? I think you should.

A-L: They don't send me Christmas cards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Chrismukkahramakwan! Exponential gift giving and receiving :-)

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385