Friday, September 09, 2005

Long lost roommates

Is roommates one word? Because it looks odd. Maybe I'll throw in an ise and then I'll feel better. Because those Brits don't like our z. But the joke's on them. Because the ize is actually more correct in the sense that it's older. And we all know older is better.

Anyway, if you're a real fan of this blog that means you read the comments, so you'll know that my roommate from Freshman year in college has gotten in touch. When I knew her she was Tara Elkins, from McMinville, Oregon. Kind, smart and outgoing. Boy was she outgoing. I remember riding the elevator up to the 7th floor where our dorm room was, and by the 5th, Tara had met seven people. So, she's switched identities and now is Mrs. Tara Darrow, and she does PR for the pilots of the world, or some such thing. And I googled her and found out she's damn good at her job because she won some award. But I could have told you that anyway, because she's meticulous, and organised, and fun.

Tara and her brother and sister have started an organisation called Answer to Cancer in memory of their brother Adrian who died of liver cancer. So if you feel like donating money to a worthy cause, I nominate this one.

3 comments:

TDarrow said...

Thanks. You rock! Where exactly are you now anyway? I want to come visit.

ALS said...

T- I'm in Scotland still, working at a book publisher. This Friday I have been here two years. Come visit! There's a castle in the middle of the city. :)

Anonymous said...

Is this really the Anna-Lisa Sandstrum? AKA - Ms. Allen Lund Company? If so, do you remember remember snomobiling in Wisconsin?

If your answers are yes to either of these questions drop me a note at ctbrueggeman@chibardun.net

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385