Friday, September 30, 2005

Dear ________,

Dear Maria:

Thank you for responding to Caroline's enquiry (inquiry) into Finnish nationalism. (Those readers who don't check the comments section will have missed this development.)

In answer to your question: "Is Paul back yet??", the answer is no. No he's not, Maria. And I'm not sure when he returns. Maybe this Sunday.

Dear Paul (flatmate Paul):

My sister wants to know when you're coming home?

Dear Paul (Portland Paul) and Gemma:

Thank you for sharing my enthusiasm for the German language.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK you, Maria. I will read up on SISU. Now I remember that A-L frequently rocked a SISU shirt. this is the first time I've used "rocked" in this context, and I've decided that we (me and "rocked") are too old to be rockin' that, uh, slang.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385