Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Fond Memories

This evening I remembered that in sixth grade, when our teacher Mrs. Biesendorfer read Where the Red Fern Grows to us, she cried. That's such a great book. Every sixth grade teacher should spend 15 minutes after lunch reading that book to his or her students. And then I was trying to think of the name of the author, and the name Lou Rawls came to mind first. But it's not, it's Wilson Rawls. Thank goodness for the internet, and fact-checking abilities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you should read to Ted everyday for 10 - 15 minutes :-)

ALS said...

Well, as a matter of fact, we try at least a couple times a week to sit down at the kitchen table and have an English lesson, usually for about an hour. Last night I taught him 'How now brown cow?'...which made me think I should get some Dr. Seuss books. Maybe Aila could read to him!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Seuss!!! Are you going to have Ted speaking english in rhyme?

ALS said...

Ma'am, yes I am.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385