Sunday, September 25, 2005

Grand(e) Plans

Paul: Hello?

A-L: Hi Paul, I need to talk.

Paul: What's up?

A-L: I'm not happy with the way my blog looks.

Paul: Anna-Lisa, I'm in California. Can this wait until I get home?

A-L: Quit being selfish. I have readers to please.

Paul: By 'readers' do you mean your sister, your 33 cousins and the two Judys?

A-L: There's a global network of readers who fly low, you know, below the radar.

Paul: It's 3 a.m., somewhere in the world, I'm in California, and I have to be up early tomorrow for Gregor's wedding.

A-L: You don't have to look rested, the bride does. I hope you're not wearing white. We don't do that in the States. We're very traditional, you know. We're the colonialists.

Paul: Don't trick me into talking about Imperialism so you'll have something to post on your blog. And you're not colonialists, you're the colonies. WE were the colonialists.

A-L: Actually, we're now known as 'the Former Colonies.' And imperialism shouldn't be capitalised.

Paul: What would the Founding Fathers do if they knew you were spelling capitalised with an 's' instead of a 'z'?

A-L: I don't know, what, roll over in their gravez?

Paul: What do you want from me?

A-L: When you get home, can you please fix my blog so that there's not that super-huge white space between the title and post? I think it's aesthetically displeasing to the discerning reader's sense of design. Hello? Paul?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're finally addressing this issue.

TDarrow said...

I'm glad you brought this up because I wasn't really sure how to talk to you about it.

Anonymous said...

Is Paul back yet?!

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385