Thursday, April 14, 2005

Baby #2

When Maria was pregnant with Aila, we knew all the stats. Aila was, after all, the first baby to grace our family since me - back in the summer of '75. So, when Maria "fell pregnant" as the Irish would say, we were delighted and uber attentive. (Please excuse the missing umlauts.)

We knew Aila's due date: Maria's doctor had calculated it as September 4, and my mom (have I mentioned she's a witch doctor, I mean midwife?) said September 2 (or was it the other way around??) so Aila, ever the diplomat, arrived on September 3. My mom was available 24 hours a day to provide up-to-the-minute reports on Aila's blood pressure and heart rate, in utero.

With baby #2, who y'all know has been christened Peter Marie, we know nothing.

I asked my mom the other day, "When is Peter Marie's due date?"

"Sometime in May, I think."

Great. Guess there's no need to bring a camera, or buy a baby book.

2 comments:

Hollywood Phony said...

what did you write/erase?

ALS said...

I wrote that I'm glad you're feeling better and then I said I was hoping for more funiness soon, and then I deleted it because I didn't want to pressure you into being funny... :)

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385