Saturday, November 12, 2005

The Other One

A-L: Paul, can you help me fix something on my blog.

Paul: Are you trying to trick me into looking at photos of your nieces?

A-L: Yes.

Paul: Fine.

A-L: Maria just sent these through.

Paul: By 'Maria' do you mean 'Mother Romero'?

A-L: Yes.

Paul: Ohmigod. Annais is huge.

A-L: She is. She's going to be very tall. Father Romero is 6'3", I think. Or is it 6'2"?

Paul: Annais doesn't look like Aila did when she was a baby, does she?

A-L: Actually, the other one looks just like Aila did when she was a baby.

Paul: Did you just refer to Annais as 'the other one'?

A-L: No. You can't prove that I did.

Paul: You've posted it to your blog.

A-L: Well, she's the second baby. It's ok to call her 'the other one'. I don't even remember when she was born. Was it this year, or last?

Paul: That's terrible. What if the other one finds out?

A-L: Well, then I'll just tell her the story of the time my mom called me by the dog's name, and then corrected herself by calling me by my dad's name, followed by 'Maria'. And my friend Inga, the youngest of three girls was known as Mhairi-Karen-Inga. Which, all things considered, is a much better name than Muffin-Peter-Maria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other one sends you Happy 1/2 Birthday coos and cries (she's teething) :-(

Anonymous said...

Binx-Hector-Aila that is

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385