Friday, November 04, 2005

Ornamental Kittens

A-L: Paul, I saw the cutest kitten in the entire world on my walk home. It was on the kitchen counter of a basement flat, and it was tiny and cute like a little Christmas ornament kitten, and it waved at me, I think.

Paul: What?

A-L: It was a tabby with white patches and it was so cute and tiny. Maybe I should get a playmate for Kitty.

Paul: What?

A-L: She needs a playmate. Kitty is lonely during the day. I should adopt another kitten for her.

Paul: Don't you mean 'steal' another kitten?

A-L: What?

Paul: You want to get Kitty a kitten?

A-L: Yes, this tiny kitten that I saw was so cute. It looked like a little Christmas ornament.

Paul: And then when the ornament grows up will you get it a kitten of its own?

A-L: Maybe. It will want a playmate. And something to nurture. When Mr. Kitty was about 6 months old I adopted Puppy from the humane society and Mr. Kitty thought he was Puppy's mom. He used to clean him and look out for him. It was very sweet.

Paul: It sounds like a vicious circle.

A-L: Do you mean vicious cycle?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

companion kitties are very important. Cujo becomes hysterically despondent when he's away from his sister, Zoe, for more than three minutes.

I just buttered them up with fancy canned food because today they start wearing their collars.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385