Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Sister On Artificial Sweeteners

Maria: "Have you heard of that new fake sweetener, Splenda?"

Anna-Lisa: "Yeah, I have. Fake sugar is gross."

Maria: "Sooo gross. I had a piece of cake made with Splenda, and it totally tasted weird."

Anna-Lisa: "Gross."

Maria: "Yeah, after I ate the cake I had a really weird taste in my mouth, and then I burped and it tasted like chlorine."

Anna-Lisa: "Totally gross."

Maria: "Totally. So I asked Tina (cousin Tina who is also a Registered Dietician) what Splenda is. And she said that they (read: the evil scientists of the world) took a sugar molecule and removed something and added three chlorine atoms."

Anna-Lisa: "Gross."

Maria: "Totally gross."

Turns out Cousin Tina was right: read more. Gross.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385