Monday, July 18, 2005

Edinburgh Update

Dear Paul,

As per your e-mail of some hours ago, I shall indeed give you an update of all things recent in Edinburgh.

Last week, as you may have heard, there was a bomb scare on the number 12 bus, and Princes Street was shut down. It was Thursday, so all the shoppers had their Thursday-evening shopping interrupted. Stu, Stu, Katie and I whiled away the evening hours in a pub. We felt safe. We were underground and in a bunker-like compartment. Eva Braun was there. Just kidding.

Ted, our Pole, ate your ice cream and thought it was mine so he bought me a replacement ice cream, which is really yours, which I have been eating.

On Saturday Stu and I took the Pole for a walk. We visited the swan pond, and then headed for the Royal Botanic Gardens, again, and then Ted said, "I feel 20."

Work is going very well. I live in a room at work with 5 others, and they are kind and good.

The frickin' Lothian Bus drivers decided to strike today, which left many, many morning commuters mourning the fact that they had forsaken the last First Bus that passed, including me. I was never so happy to see a First Bus.

And no Edinburgh report would be complete without wondering where the heck that Martin Little has gone? Where are you, Martin Little?

I am expecting an update on Elgin.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Unfortunately I am back in Edinburgh following my excursion to Italy. I'll be away for the next three weekends, though, so plenty of hijinks ahead!

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385