Sunday, September 26, 2004

Old Writings: Work at the L.A. Daily News

I started my new job on Monday, at the L.A. Daily News. I'm the Recruitment Sales Coordinator in the Advertising Department. So far I've folded pieces of paper and made copies. I love it.

The guy who sits across the aisle answers the phone all day in a monotone voice, "Classified, this is Alex." Classified, this is Alex. Classified, this is Alex. He's 27, and is a step-grandfather. The lady who sits next to me is getting divorced. She spends her day making personal calls. Apparently her soon-to-be ex-husband only offered her 20% of the profits from the sale of their home. And a year ago, a fortune teller who she met at a Pampered Chef Party (think Tupperware) told her that she needed to work on her relationship or it would end.

I still don't have a computer because Ernesto in I.S. can't find the work order that my boss and my boss's boss signed on Monday. Today Ernesto told me, "the good thing is, if you don't have a computer you don't have to do any work. Ha ha ha." Ernesto is hilarious. And a hard worker.

Today I heard Diane telling Shawn and Stacey that cats can get acne. Catne, maybe. And then there's the Pennsylvania Dutch girl, Analissa, who works in Retail Advertising. Cathy had a sticky note on her calendar to remind her to pray for Analissa, maybe because she spells her name wrong.

Anna-Lisa

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385