Sunday, September 26, 2004

Old Writings: The Announcement of My Move to Edinburgh

In September I'm starting school in Edinburgh, Scotland. At Napier University. (It's not French.) Mr. Napier was a Mathematician. I'll be studying Publishing. Why, you ask? Because. Because I said so.

I chose Napier University because they have have an exchange program with the University of Jyvaskyla, in Finland (of course). And any institution associated with anything Finnish has to be good.

On the Missouri School of Journalism's web site I found this factlet: [Edinburgh] flourished by the 18th century time of enlightenment, when it was called the "Athens of the North." (Athens, Georgia?) And then I came upon the Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce web site which brags that Robert Louis Stevenson said Edinburgh "is what Paris ought to be."

So I rest my case. No, I haven't thought this out clearly. And no, Idon't know what I'll do with a Masters degree in publishing from some Scottish diploma mill, but at least y'all will have a friend in Scotland. I'll forward my address when I have it. Come visit.

Anna-Lisa MacSandstrum

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385