Sunday, September 26, 2004

Old Writings: Another Reason to Hate the French

Dear Airport Worker Who Stole Things Out of My Suitcase On My Recent Trip Through Paris,

I hope you enjoy the fish knife I bought in Finland. It was for my friend, but now that I think about it, you’ll get more use out of it. (The leather case has a loop so you can wear it on your belt.)

Please take care of my blue bikini bottoms. I’m sure you’ll find someone who’s a size 10 and owns the matching bikini top. Remember to rinse in cold water after each use and wash with gentle detergent.

You little devil, you don’t like chocolate bars or black licorice, but you LOVE chocolate filled mints. My 96-year-old great aunt bought those mints for my sister, silly. I’ll tell her you said “merci.” And that wooden toy was for a co-worker. But he pitched a fit when I told him his present was stolen, so he didn’t deserve it anyway.

I was foolish to put my undeveloped film in my checked bag, and thank you for teaching me that lesson! At least now I don’t have to pay to get those 6 rolls developed (that’s the most expensive part of this hobby). Please order double prints and send the extras to Marketta & Christian, Ritva, Leila, Ilkka & Hille, and Leena’s family, along with thank you notes. Isn’t Finland gorgeous in the summer!?! Give me a call if you need help labeling the photos.

If you’re ever in the States, you have a place to stay!

Bonjour,
Anna-Lisa

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385