Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Edinburgh, Day 372

My one-year anniversary of staying in (not "living in" as the Americans would say) Edinburgh passed uneventfully. Oh, maybe it rained. My how the year has flown. My grandma used to say "the older you get, the faster the years go by." I thought she was just crazy, but maybe she was on to something.

This morning on the bus to work I overheard someone say, "where has the summer gone, I can't believe it's almost October." What summer? It's Scotland. It's been 60 degrees since June. Scotland didn't get the "it's summer-time" memo. Now the weather is already turning cold, just like it did when I arrived a year ago.

Highlights of this year in Edinburgh include finding the best kebab place this side of the Nile, Kebab Mahal at 7 Nicolson Square, and finishing a masters dissertation. Six years ago when I went to my friend's college graduation and saw all the folks in gowns getting their diplomas I decided I wanted to go back to school for a masters degree. I know that's childish. But now it's finished and in November I'll get to put on a gown and get a degree.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385