Friday, December 11, 2009

No Signs

The D-F and his handsome friend, Calvin, are moving up the street. I'm worried about Calvin's safety in a home where lots of people are coming and going. So I offered to make a sign for the door to inform guests/roommates about proper dog safety. IE: Don't let Calvin outside.

The D-F: What would the sign say?

A-L: Well, when Kitty and I lived together, I posted a sign on the inside of the door with a picture of a cat on it, crossed out. That let everyone know she wasn't allowed outside. I could do the same for Calvin.

The D-F: Usually a picture with a line through it means "NO", as in "NO CATS."

A-L: Oh. Do you think Kitty interpreted it as me being anti-cat? Is that why we were always add odds?

The D-F: At odds? Over what?

A-L: Her literary voice, of course.

1 comment:

jahbay said...

Hmmm, I believe the picture needed to be of Kitty actually sitting in the middle of the road, accompanied by the Polish, Russian and Scottish (I imagine that would be the tough one) translations of "Do not Let Kitty Outside" for the sign to be complete. Kitty said she does appreciate the attempt and was never at odds with you.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385