Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Miserable Johnsons

I don't know the full story, but I won't let that stop me.

In years gone by, my friend Dave's family celebrated Christmas with the Johnsons. Apparently the tradition went on for years. Too many years for one of Dave's siblings, who blurted out - at the Christmas table, mind - "You Johnsons ruin every Christmas!"

Some friends used to play the game "if you could eavesdrop on any conversation in history, which would you choose?" More enlightened folks chose historical events like the meeting where the JFK assassination plot was hatched, the Last Supper, the negotiations Prince went through to get out of his contract with Sony, blah, blah...

I'm not enlightened. I choose that Christmas Dinner at Dave's family's home.

This Thanksgiving, I received a text from Dave's Wife that said: "You Johnsons ruin every Christmas." That's all it said. Which made me think the Johnsons have expanded their work to include the Thanksgiving holiday. Hope that's not the case.

1 comment:

Abcdpdx said...

I believe it's, "The Johnsons always ruin Christmas!," but I wasn't actually there.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385