Sunday, March 01, 2009

Are You New?

If you're a new reader, and I know there are tens of you, or you just need reminding, these are the characters who play recurring roles on the Ferocious Reader:
  1. Public Safety Pete - My dad. Concerned with safety. Named Pete. Or Peter. Native to California.
  2. Irma (aka "the Irma") - My mom, Irma. Married to Public Safety Pete for 39.5 years. Of Finnish origin.
  3. Sister Maria - My sister. Her name is Maria.
  4. Grandbrother Hector - Husband of Sister Maria. "Grandbrother" is Ted's (see Character 7) version of "brother-in-law".
  5. Aila - Original niece. The elder of the MexiFinns. Fan of pygmy marmosets, hummingbirds and scarlet macaws.
  6. Annais (aka "Cachetona", "Cache", "Eese") - Younger of the MexiFinns. PRONUNCIATION KEY: Rhymes with "geese". (Bonus information: Was named "Peter Marie" while gestating.)
  7. Ted - Of Polish origin. Flatmate of four years in Edinburgh. Still in Scotland. Accident prone. Wife and two children in Poland, eagerly awaiting his return. New(ish) to English. Originator of the phrases "sister-in-love" and "grandbrother", among others.
  8. Kitty - A cat. Lives in Scotland.
  9. Others appear as convenient/necessary/funny.
I hope that's useful.

4 comments:

Emma said...

I, for one, am feeling minimized.

ALS said...

That's because you're so little. And maybe because I forgot your birthday. Sorry. Happy Belated Birthday, again.

Anonymous said...

I don't feel so much minimised as concerned that my appearances in FR have increased exponentially since A-LS's departure from Edinburgh. The only conlusion I have been able to draw from this is that I am much more amusing at a distance of several thousand miles.

GW

jahbay said...

I love being conveniently funny...but mostly necessary.;-)

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385