Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Police Custody

Public Safety Pete: Hi, I'm waiting for my fingerprints to dry.

A-L: Are you and Irma stenciling the hallway with your hand and foot prints?

Pete: No, I'm at the Channel Islands Police Station, I think.

A-L: What happened? Did you finally act out against the homeowners' association rules and put up a lawn ornament? I hope it's a life-size troll.

Pete: No, I'm getting fingerprinted.

A-L: And I was your first phone call? Unfortunately I'm pretty busy. Sister Maria and I are running errands. Can I call you back when you're eligible for parole?

Pete: I wish. I'm getting my paw prints taken so I can do that volunteer job you signed me up for.

A-L: The one counting birds for the Audubon Society?

Pete: That sounds more exciting. I'll be installing Life Alert systems in elderly people's homes.

A-L: Does that mean you get a free one? If so, can I have it? I'd love to get it connected to the Velo Rouge coffee shop across the street from my house so they could deliver freshly brewed coffee.

Pete: Um, pressing the Life Alert button means an ambulance, not a barista, shows up.

A-L: Oh, so it's broken. No wonder they need volunteers.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385