Monday, May 23, 2005

That Famous Camp Song

There's a camp song that goes:

You're late!
You're late!
You're late, you're late, you're late, and you're uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggly.

It is to be sung to kids or counsellors who arrive LATE to a meeting. I will have to hesitate to sing that to Peter Marie when she FINALLY arrives. The update from Maria is that she is having light contracts, 40 or so minutes apart, and is nesting. She's cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. Maria has a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

When Maria told my mom that she was having light contractions, the Irma was pleased and said, "she's getting ready to come out!"

"She's been getting ready to come out for a f*#%*n month," Maria told me. "My would-be Taurus is a Gemini now."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gemini are just the best!
On the topic of contractions & birth, my mum-in-law famously told me (on the eve of my son's birth & as I was recovering from my umpteenth £@*^&%!$ contraction): "Some people have those [contractions] for weeks before the birth". I don't think she liked the torrent of (French) profanity that ensued...

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385