Friday, May 27, 2005

Reporting from California

Yes, your California correspondent here.

It's 143 degrees* outside and I'm freezing because my dad, Pete "iceberg" Sandstrum, likes to keep the air conditioner at 59 degrees*. We are at the Courtyard Marriott because, well, because we are of no use at my sister's house. Nurse Irma is rocking the *new* baby, and folding her in blankets, and using other nursing witchcraft.

The journey from Edinburgh to Palm Springs included the following highlights:
1. A 6'5" tall man feinting on the plane from Edinburgh to Paris. He was met by an ambulance. Perhaps an attention-seeker. Perhaps a diabetic. We'll never know.
2. Seeing a bumper sticker on the L.A. freeway that said: "Catholic, the Original Christian." What??
3. Meeting baby Anaise Katarina, who has my hands. Seeing Aila Maria again!
4. Hearing Spanish, and being called "hon" by the waitress.
5. Seeing the sun.

More later.

*Please note, all measurements are in Californian for the time being.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, you're finally in the states! don't get sunstroke.

Anonymous said...

anonymous is actually Caroline

ALS said...

Dear anonymous Caroline,

Oh thank God. I'm glad it's not some creepy creep who's tracking my travels online and is happy I'm now in American airspace.

Anonymous said...

no, I try not to be a creepy-creep. but happy all the same about the airspace issue. but we (Sara/Emma/me/Drew/Dave) were all talking about you tonight and concluded we're looking forward to seeing you.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385