Monday, May 02, 2005

The Moonwalk

The other night the subject of "the moonwalk" came up and I felt obliged to mention that my dad is an excellent moonwalker. I'd say it's his signature move.

Someone asked when my dad started moonwalking, and where he learned it.

I don't think he knows he's doing the moonwalk, per se, and I think he's probably been dancing it since the 50s, and come to think of it, he might have invented it.

"Does your dad know Michael Jackson?" someone asked.

No. I don't think so. And I'm not sure when MJ stole my dad's move.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never met a Sandstrum-Jackson. That'd be cool. However, somehow I can't imagine your dad Moonwalking. You, yes. With finger puppets instead of a white glove.

(Are you finished? No, I'm Danish... Thank you - I'll be here all the week. Don't try the flan.)

ALS said...

It's true. He moonwalks, often with the bride at whatever wedding he is attending.

Anonymous said...

I just got an idea for a movie you can make:
"Moonwalks With Brides" - Kevin Costner could play your dad.

//rapid topic change//
You should read the book "Mastery" by George Leonard. It is so good.

Anonymous said...

OK, this is very funny: check out www.moonwalkreferral.com - it is billed as 'The Original National Moonwalk Rental Directory - There's No Imitation ! '

Who knew?

ALS said...

Indeed, there is no imitation. Maybe my dad, or Kevin Costner even, could be their spokesperson.

//rapid topic change//

I wonder whatever happened to everybody's favorite Texan, Jessica McClure?? some news here: http://www.weht.net/WEHT/Baby_Jessica.html

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385