Thursday, March 31, 2005

PJP2

The BBC just told me that the Pope is ailing even more than previously. I'm not Catholic (I'm Lutheran, like all good Finns) but I'm a ward of the Catholic church, having attended Catholic High School and University. And Lutheran is about as close as you can get to Catholic. It's Catholic Lite: "Catholicism without the guilt". That's how we market it. Anywho, I meet PJP2 in March of 1995, when our Salzburg group (not a cult) visited Rome on our Spring Tour. PJP2 said mass and during the blessing I wasn't paying attention so my religious trinkets weren't properly blessed.

So PJP2, thanks for blessin' a Lutheran (Martin would be proud). Sendin' that blessn' right back at ya'.

Peace.
ALS1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's cool. I never knew you met JP2. And he lived in a place pretty close to where Gallileo made that thermometer.

Gene Kim's fiance' (yes) Margueritte apparently met him twice, so there was a great picture in the Oregonian (not the Oregonion, you understand) of her with the Pope.

You'd have liked the caption - it said:
"Margueritte Vu last saw Pope John Paul II in 1993 at World Youth Day in Denver. Soon after, he began to have health problems. 'I heard he liked chocolates, so I sent him a box of truffles," she says."

Kinda makes it sound like she made him sick or something.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385