Monday, June 15, 2009

Tea Time

Colleague P: Did you play with Legos when you were little?

A-L: Not professionally, but quite often.

C.P.: How about these days?

A-L: I haven't known my roommates long enough to set up the Amish Lego village in the kitchen.

C.P.: I went to the Lego store this weekend with my son, T, and I bought a pink Lego house.

A-L: Did T realize that you really bought it for yourself?

C.P.: Oh, I was up front about the fact that it was for me. But I promised to share. So we played Legos yesterday, and T's Assassin Droids came over for afternoon tea.

A-L: I keep forgetting you're Canadian.

C.P.: Eh?

A-L: An American would have invited them over for coffee and cake. Or a game of Scrabble. Never tea. So who exactly were the Assassin Droids visiting? Is it one of the Droids who lives in the pink house?

C.P.: No, it's a girl, who came with the house.

A-L: What's her name?

C.P.: I haven't named her yet. I don't identify with her because she's wearing a red shirt and orange pants, which is just wrong.

A-L: Did the Assassin Droids stay long?

C.P.: They ended up staying overnight.

2 comments:

Abcdpdx said...

I always cringe when my clients (ages 7-12) choose legos. bo-ring.

Emma said...

I always cringe when the assassin droids choose the chick in the orange pants and red shirt.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385