Saturday, January 31, 2009

Was a Bit of a Fuzzy Line

Kitty: Hello?

A-L: Hi Kitty, it's me.

Kitty: Are you calling collect?

A-L: No, I borrowed my roommate's mobile phone. How are you?

Kitty: I'm good, thanks. You're not using me to generate material for that web site, are you? You know it backfires. You end up alienating about three quarters of your readership when you give a cat a speaking part. Especially when you do it at 9pm on a Saturday night. Are you out on the town?

A-L: No, I'm not "out on the town". I'm at home, job hunting. How are things in Scotland? Are you loving your new home in Culross?

Kitty: Yeah, it's great. I'm totally spoiled here. They let me sit on the kitchen table, which is something I only ever did in Edinburgh when you were asleep, or in the living room, or in London, or anywhere but the kitchen. Have you found a job yet?

A-L: No, I'm still looking. But it turns out you were right all along and I should have done that online course in Bankruptcy Law you suggested. I met a bankruptcy attorney yesterday who said business is booming.

Kitty: The Scottish economy is robust, as far as I can tell. Is it really that bad there?

A-L: It depends on who you ask. I hear lots of anecdotal evidence of a strong economy. Today someone suggested I should apply to companies in the Silicon Valley because "they're totally still hiring". (Emphasis is mine.)

Kitty: Have you looked on Craigslist?

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385