Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Family Friends

A couple months ago Aila was looking at pictures from Maria and Hector's wedding, and she saw me in the line-up. So this is what happened next...

Aila (pointing to A-L): Mommy, is that your friend Anna-Lisa?*

Maria: No, I don't know who that is. I think she was with the photographer.

Aila: But she visits us twice a year, and always stays about three days too long. I think Daddy said she was your sister.

Maria: I think you're mixing her up with someone. I'm an only child. I don't know that woman you're pointing at.

Aila: When I'm older, can I tell people I don't know who Annais is?

Annais: I already tell people that you're a family friend.

*this is the only factual line of the story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister Maria's mommy said "don't you remember that we traded brother Paul for a VCR that would rewind" so if a family member is swapped be sure to receive something.

Anonymous said...

What will Annais get for swapping us?

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385