Friday, August 05, 2005

Update

1. Last week I went to London and back in one day for a meeting and made it back safely.
2. The boyfriend and I are kitten sitting for seven weeks while the cat's mother and father are in China. Stuart is definitely in love. With the kitten.
3. Edinburgh Festival has begun. The best place to enjoy the Edinburgh Festival is in Edinburgh.
4. Niece Aila has added the word "never" to her vocabulary, and is reported to have responded to Grandpa's request for her to get a book for him to read to her with, "no, never."
5. Maria has promised that every time her girls say "I'm bored", she'll tell them "go sweep the patio."
6. No, never.
7. Irish-Belgian-erstwhile-publishing-student-current-EU-affairs-reporter Gemma will arrive in Edinburgh next Friday, I believe, for Festival fun and excitement.
8. Norette to follow.
9. Norette.
10. Why haven't you visited Edinburgh? Book tickets now to avoid disappointment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw something, somewhere about the "Fringe" is that the same thing as the "Festival"?

ALS said...

Who are you, Glassylady?

Anonymous said...

There are some people who regularly read this blog who know who glassylady is.......I love flying, by the way. Just one of my many interests.

Anonymous said...

Glassylady has been known to solicit strange men at local grocery stores in the middle of the Oregon outback to join in on family fun...she drinks a mean jug wine. Oops that just gave it away. Damn!

Anonymous said...

seven weeks is a long time in terms of kitten development. I'm afraid this kitten might develop an attachment disorder.
But, apparently, I worry excessively about kitten welfare since acquiring Cujo and Zoe: http://www.solidstate.com/gallery/k_and_l

ALS said...

Caroline, First of all, please tell Mary and Matt they have one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. Ok, she's second, my nieces and your nieces are tied for first. Secondly, did you clone Mr. Kitty when I wasn't looking?

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, I guess I did. and his name is Cujo. Dave accidentally shut Cujo's tail in the door last night. Hissing and tail drooping ensued. Cujo and Zoe's brother, Steve, lives across the street with his new adopted sister, Dixie.
I have diplomatically established with Mary that Lucy is the most adorable bebe in her age category. and she graciously accepted this designation.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385