Sunday, August 28, 2005

Homesickness

Yesterday I spoke to the family who are gathered at my sister's house for the baptism of Annais. I spoke to my uncle and aunt, and cousin-in-law Gary and cousin Tina and cousin's daughter Holly and my sister and my mom and my dad. All in 25 minutes. And this is what they told me:

"It's too hot here." Kalevi (uncle)

"Aila says 'mine'." Ritva (aunt)

"How is your English?" Cousin-in-law Gary (master grammarian / expert board-game-player)

"I slept on an air mattress in Aila's room." Holly (age 8)

"Yesterday we went to go get two Honeybaked hams." Irma (age 65)

"I miss you." Super-kind cousin Tina

"Do you want to come home to go to Aunt Winona's 90th birthday party?" Peter (65,000,000 frequent flier miles, and counting / the-man-who-thinks-its-reasonable-to-fly-someone-from-Scotland-to-attend-a-champagne-brunch-in-Northern-California)

"Tomorrow the Finns and the Mexicans will be here." Maria (mother of two nordic aztecs)

So talking to them made me homesick. So today I'm listening to Willy Nelson. And dammit, I feel better.

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385