Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Mother's Love

8:42 this morning, telephone rings.

A-L: "hello"

Mrs Rollo: "Oh, good morning, this is Ruth, Paul's mother, how are you?"

A-L: "I am well, thank you. You'll never believe it, but Paul is up! Would you like to speak to him?"

Mrs R: "Oh good. He's up then. What time is his exam?" (Criminal Law exam)

A-L: "I believe it's at 9:30. Would you like to speak to him?"

Mrs R: "No, no, I just phoned to say 'Good Luck'."

A-L: "Oh, that's sweet. I'll pass on the message."

-----

In the kitchen:

A-L: "Your mother is so sweet, she phoned just to say good luck on your exam."

Paul: "No she didn't, she phoned to make sure I was awake."

A-L: "Did you ask her to?"

Paul: "No, in fact, she was asked NOT to phone."

No comments:

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385