Friday, February 25, 2005

Let Me Make This Perfectly Clear, Paul

I hate magic. I don't hate magicians, I just hate magic. And I don't think magicians are conceited as you falsly assert on your blog, I just think they have no friends. Magic is not magic, by the way. It's fake. It's people lying to you and trying to make you believe that something they just did is not possible. Well, guess what? It is possible. You know why? Because they just did it. So you can send as many people as you want to your magician friend's web site, but I'm not sold. Because I don't want what he's selling: lies. And besides, I know how all the tricks work. They involve "magic" decks of cards with 52 Aces of spades, and secret plastic thumb extensions, and creepy secret pockets in coat cuffs. You know how I know? because I spent two years of my life going to conventions and a "magician" worked at our booth. And he wasn't conceited. The end. Good night.

2 comments:

Hollywood Phony said...

Oh my god, I totally hate magic too. And magicians. I guess that's where we differ, but every strong relationship is built on respecting each others' individual ideals.

Bert Webb said...

Oh My God!! Not real????
The next thing you'll tell me is that professional wrestling isn't real either!

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385