Thursday, March 11, 2010

Update from Portland

A-L: What's new?

Caroline: I've been re-watching 1980s sitcoms in my free time.

A-L: Simon and Simon?

Caroline: Magnum P.I. I've just gone through all eight seasons.

A-L: Wow, eight years is a long time.

Caroline: Too long, if I may say so. It went a bit "Miami Vice" in season eight. But there's something really comforting about watching a favorite childhood sitcom. Seeing Tom Selleck takes me back to my elementary school days in Arkansas.

A-L: I think I'm really confused about Arkansas now.

Caroline: I highly recommend taking in a few hundred hours of an old show. Besides, I love Tom Selleck.

A-L: I don't have a television. But I suppose The Seahorse Whisperer, Roommate Will and I could re-enact scenes from Dallas, focusing on the years before Bobby came back from the dead.

Kitty: I'll play Sue Ellen.

1 comment:

Abcdpdx said...

what's funny is that Simon and Simon actually made their debut in a Magnum P.I. episode, I think sometime during season 5.

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385