Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Upstaged

A-L: Hi! Happy Anniversary.

Public Safety Pete: Who is this?

A-L: Very funny. That only works once a year.

Irma: Hi. Did you call to wish us a Happy 40th Anniversary?

A-L: I certainly did. And I'll patch Sister Maria in so that she can send her greetings.

Sister Maria: Happy Anniversary. I have bad news. The elaborate anniversary party we've been planning for ages is canceled.

PSP: What happened?

Sister Maria: Michael Jackson stole your venue.

Irma: You were going to have our party at the Stapler Center?

A-L: Funny, my former colleague Hamid used to call the Staples Center that as well.

PSP: Looks like we'll have to settle for leftovers, an evening walk, and then fall asleep watching the 10 o'clock news.

Irma: Speak for yourself, I'm taking the red eye to Vegas and hittin' the black jack tables.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Party on, Irma!! Is PSP going to Vegas with you?

Fellow Outlaw JH

Anonymous said...

I always knew you were a party animal Irma! No wonder Pete fell in love with you. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to be anonymous XP

 
http://www.blogger.com/config-amazon.g?blogID=8328385